Sunday, April 8, 2012

Mango Bread

I found this recipe on the University of Hawaii website. Even though pineapple is the official fruit of Hawaii, I adore mangoes so I HAD to try this cake.

And, it didn't disappoint. The spices and mangoes pair perfectly. You get a moist, lightly sweet, dense but not heavy cake. I made mine in an 8" round cake pan, but it could easily be baked in a loaf pan.

All in all, a very tasty treat, and it couldn't be simpler!

Here's how I made mine:


Mix the following ingredients together well, pour the batter into a greased and floured cake pan, and bake for an hour at 325°.

2 cups flour
¾ cup sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup golden raisins
2 ripe mangoes, chopped
3 eggs
¾ cup canola oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Cook's Note: After I took the photo, I decided to dust the cake with powdered sugar, which turned out to be a nice touch. Also, I used white sugar but I'm sure brown sugar, light or dark, would work wonderfully as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment