Sunday, April 29, 2012

Week #15: Ireland

Ooh, this week is going to be good! Just the names of traditional Irish recipes makes me want to cook them! Colcannon, boxty and champ; barmbrack and spotted dog; Dublin coddle and Dublin lawyer -- their exotic names make them difficult to decipher (they're dishes that feature potatoes, baked breads, or stews with sausages and lobster, respectively) but I bet they're all delicious.

Despite the enigmatic monikers, modern-day Irish cooking appears to be quite simple, using well-known ingredients and techniques.

Of course, the global perception of Ireland's food will be forever linked to the potato. But, I'll talk more about that later. For now, I'll find some interesting dishes to make that I hope you'll enjoy. Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment