Sunday, June 24, 2012

Week #22: Bosnia and Herzegovina


In honor of the wonderful Bosnian nurses from Utica, NY, who helped my family recently, we're taking our tasty travels to the Balkans this week!

According to Wikipedia, "Bosnian cuisine is balanced between Western and Eastern influences. The food is closely related to Turkish, Middle Eastern, and other Mediterranean cuisines. However, due to years of Austrian rule, there are also many culinary influences from Central Europe.

"Bosnian cuisine uses many spices, but usually in moderate quantities. Most dishes are light, as they are cooked in lots of water; the sauces are fully natural, consisting of little more than the natural juices of the vegetables in the dish."

Sounds good to me! I'm on the road and away from my kitchen, so I won't be cooking till Tuesday or Wednesday, but I'll still try to prepare three dinners by Saturday.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment