Sunday, July 1, 2012

Week #23: National Food Holidays

Greetings, gals and pals! In honor of our nation's birthday, I decided to focus on this week's American food holidays.

Now, the first week of July is National Canned Luncheon Meat Week but, alas, I won't be preparing any meals made with Spam.

Today, July 1st, is both National Gingersnap Day (my faves!) and Creative Ice Cream Flavor Day. Recently, I had some AMAZING ginger ice cream at Lewis Brothers Homemade Ice Cream in Provincetown, MA. It was unbelivably creamy, studded with lots of crystalized ginger, and incredibly delicious, so if you visit that wonderful city "like nowhere else" anytime soon and it's on the specials board, you absolutely must give it a try!

July 2nd is National Anisette Day, so I'll have to see what I can come up with there... Anisette liqueur is easy to incorporate into baking, coffee or a dessert, but I'll try to find a delectable dinner entree that uses it.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment