Sunday, August 5, 2012

Destination #26: Andorra

Photo: en.wikipedia.org
Today, I was introduced to a country I didn't know existed. A family from the tiny (just 181 square miles!), land-locked Principality of Andorra were recent guests at our favorite Cape Cod inn, The Beach Breeze. Situated between France and Spain, with strong Catalan culinary influences, Andorra is a country I just have to cook!

Just so you know, there are six athletes from Andorra, which has a population totaling roughly 86,000, competing in the Olympics: Joan Tomas Roca enters the final in Men's Trap shooting tomorrow ranked 33rd; Antoni Bernardo will race in next Sunday's Men's Marathon; Monica Ramirez Abella swam the Women's 100m Backstroke in 1:07.72 (second in her heat); Hocine Haciane Constantin swam the Men's 200m Butterfly in 2:06.37 (fifth in his heat); Cristina Llovera ran the Women's 100m in 12.78 seconds (fifth in her heat); and Daniel Garcia Gonzalez made it the elimination round of 16 (which determined the Quarterfinals) in Men's Judo. Felicitats! Bona sort i Joan Antoni!!!

I also need to update you about the blog. So far, my summer has been crazy busy, which has made it hard to enjoy and complete my blog cooking. Therefore, I've decided to devote two weeks to each destination, giving me more time to cook the meals and share my results.

That said, let's spend a couple weeks together enjoying some recipes from Andorra!

No comments:

Post a Comment