Thursday, March 22, 2012

EkoBrew

OK, I know I'm supposed to be blogging about India this week, but my wife made the most incredible discovery at the grocery store!

EkoBrew, have you seen it? Like many of my friends, I'm addicted to my Keurig® single cup coffee brewer, but I hate how expensive the K-cups are and throwing away all those little plastic cups. They aren't recyclable.

When I tweeted Keurig about that, probably a year ago now (using a different account than this one), they responded that they were working on downstream solutions. I'm glad that's the case but, thankfully, I don't have to wait any longer.

There are other reusable filters available, but we couldn't get them to work consistently. Even with Keurig's unit, More often than not, the water would overflow and we'd end up with a bunch of grounds in a cup of weakly brewed coffee. (First world pains, I know.)

Not so with EkoBrew. Perhaps the secret to EkoBrew's success is that you don't have to remove the part of the brewer that holds the K-cup, like you do with other reusable filters. With those, you have to snap out the usual holder and replace it with a temporary one.

Honestly? I don't know why EkoBrew works so much better, but it does. So now, we can enjoy our (current) favorite coffee, Starbuck's new Blonde roasts, and save some cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment