Sunday, July 8, 2012

Week #24: Cambodia

Angkor Wat
We're headed to the Kingdom of Cambodia in southeast Asia this week!

Now, fair warning: I seem to have an excess of chicken in the freezer, so I'm going to be using that in the recipes I prepare. Most likely, I'll find recipes that use other proteins which I can easily replace with chicken, but one I've already found doesn't lend itself to that swap.

Amok, which is purportedly the country's national dish, preferably is made with catfish. Given the other flavorings in the dish, I don't think chicken would work. So, I've linked to it here so perhaps you can try it yourself!

I hope to squeeze in three dinners this week, as is always my goal, but I've got a packed schedule yet again. (Will this crazy busy summer ever slow down?!)

So, fingers crossed... I'll do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment